Depending on when you make the change, your next bill may look a little different than future bills. First, you’ll need to know your bill start date. If you don’t know this, just go to Self Serve and find out.
If you make any changes to your plan or add-ons before or after your bill start date, your bill will be slightly higher than normal. You’ll be charged for what you’ve used before your billing period and also for what you’ll use for the remainder of your billing period with the new plan and/or add-on(s). An adjustment will be made to both the monthly charge and the included minutes or add-ons to reflect your changes.
Let’s say your billing period starts on Day 1. From Day 1-15, you’re on a $30 monthly plan (includes up to 100 anytime minutes). On Day 16, you decide to upgrade to a $35 monthly plan (includes up to 150 anytime minutes). Your bill may look like this:
- You’ll see your normal $30 monthly charge. Then you’ll see an adjustment to reflect the portion you’ve used before you made the change to your account. Since you’ve used the plan for 15 days, the adjustment will be -$15 ($30 x 15/30 days).
- Your included minutes will also be adjusted for this period (up to 100 anytime minutes x 15/30 days or up to 50 anytime minutes). If you have used more than the included up to 50 anytime minutes within the first 15 days, overage charges will apply.
- You’ll also see your new $35 monthly charge plus the adjustment. Since you have 15 days left, the adjustment will be - $17.50 ($35 x 15/30 days).
- Your included minutes will also be adjusted for this period (up to 150 anytime minutes x 15/30 days or up to 75 anytime minutes). If you use more than the included up to 75 anytime minutes in the last 15 days, overage charges will apply on your next bill.
- Your charges will be back to normal on your next bill and you’ll see your new $35 monthly charge. Remember, you can change your monthly plan once per month. And you’ll only see these kinds of partial charges if you change things up again.
Check out our short video on how to read your bill at koodomobile.com/bill