Call Display works differently in different scenarios.
- If you call a number equipped with Call Display from a digital area, your phone number will be displayed on their Call Display.
- If you call a number equipped with Call Display from a non-digital area, you show as “Private” or “Out of Area” on their Call Display.
- If you call a number equipped with Call Display but press Star key (*) followed by 67 before dialing the area code and number1 from a digital area, you show as “Private Caller” on their Call Display – that’s called Call Blocking.
Where is Call Display available?
- When you are in a digital area, your mobile phone will display Call Display on all incoming calls, including Call Waiting calls.
- There are just a few exceptions where the service is not yet available, but is planned for the future. These exceptions are 250-718 numbers in Kelowna and 250-927 numbers in Parksville.
- Outside of any digital area, no phone will show Call Display for incoming calls.
How to permanently disable Call Display:
- Contact the Koodo Customer Service department at *611 from your Koodo Mobile phone, toll free at 1-866-99-KOODO, or 647-788-4337. Doing this means all incoming numbers will not be shown, but your number will be shown when making calls.
How to permanently set up Call Blocking:
- Call us at *611 from your Koodo Mobile phone, toll free at 1-866-99-KOODO.
- Permanent Line Blocking is free and doesn't affect incoming calls. However, it varies according to a person’s wire line or wireless network, and therefore can’t be guaranteed.
1You can use one-time Call Blocking by dialing the Star key (*) followed by 67, then the area code and number of the person you’re calling, then pressing either the Send or Talk key. One-time Call Blocking varies according to a person’s’ wire line or wireless network and therefore cannot be guaranteed. Double-check instructions with the land line provider if calling a wire line phone or a non-Koodo Mobile mobile phone.