Just a heads up when you’re activating your iPhone 4 you may experience a slight problem.
When an iPhone is first unbricked using iTunes, improper carrier’s settings are loaded onto the phone. As a result, you’ll need to follow the steps listed below to install the proper carrier settings.
- Wait for iTunes to activate and unbrick phone fully. Disconnecting phone before the download process is completed will result in a failure to sync the complete carrier settings.
- Once completed, disconnect the phone from the USB cable connected to your computer.
- Reconnect the phone.
- A message will appear "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download it now?"
- ALWAYS click "Update Settings"
- Once provisioning is complete, a message will appear “Your iPhone carrier settings were updated successfully”. Select OK.
- Eject from iTunes and disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Restart the phone:
a. Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears.b. Slide to power off your device.c. When it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.
- Navigate to Settings > General > About. Ensure that Carrier is listed as “Koodo 10.1”. If these settings do not exist, repeat step 2-9.